A few days ago, I tried to give a plug to Barghest. Shortly after I posted that video, I really listened Barghest's MySpace page, which has the full-band versions of the songs I had only heard so far in acoustic versions. It's incredible, in a Will-Oldham-meets-Crazy-Horse kind of way (oh, how I hate these comparisons: they exclude as much description as they explain). Just watch the video again, and then check out the full band version of “There is No Hiding.” And hear the killer harmonies on Jesse's version of “Wayfaring Stranger.” I've been listening to these songs all week. The CD, hopefully, will be out later in the summer.
(Especially you, Dave Zahl, if you read this.)
05 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i'm all over it... thanks for this, w. and happy birthday!
also, what'd you think of my christian rock playlist?
You know, I hadn't heard most of the songs. I liked the ones I knew, but the next time I'm in NYC I might have to pick up a copy so I can hear the rest.
Post a Comment