19 December 2012

Warning.


Warning: This blog might be turning into a tech blog. I'm at a stage in my career where I need to set the "read at whim" philosophy aside for a while and make myself a little more generally useful. This will probably mean more blogging: if I'm denying myself pleasure reading, I'll probably do some writing. I don't know what the balance of content will be, and I may do some of the following:

  • change blog platforms
  • spin off a secondary blog, if I'm clearly writing in two categories
  • choose a less public way of getting writing to people (e.g., e-mail)

I'd also like to put some work into making it a little bit faster for me to get finished posts posted. Right now I do almost all of my writing in Notepad++, a free Windows text editor with some nice extra features. Then I copy what I write into a browser window and fuss around with formatting for a while.

It'd be great if I could submit posts directly from the draft files on my hard drive, and even better if I could just write in Markdown and have it work on the blog, but this may be tricky with Blogger. (Another thing I really should have done by now is install the spell-check plugin for Notepad++... I'll do that after I publish this post.)

No comments: