10 December 2012

How to deal with free time.

Life after college has been much more pleasant than life during college. And yet I never blog! I'm thinking I should chalk that up to the fact that when I don't have anything else to do, I'd always rather read something new than write about something I just read. Back at the university, I had classwork hovering over my free time, and I knew I shouldn't pick up that novel, but if I just write a quick blog post... The day job doesn't intrude into my reading time like that.

The good news, maybe, is that I'm trying to put aside most or all of my pleasure reading so that I can teach myself how to do new things with computers. If I don't have a book at hand, I may end up writing when I don't want to study.

Hmm. I guess I could have made a tweet of this after all: "Life's so leisurely that I don't have time to procrastinate."

No comments: