16 April 2011

Ah! A Wye Oak video.

I haven't gone to many rock shows in Baltimore, and when I do, it's because North Carolina bands are coming through. Of the various Baltimore bands that are blowing up the blogosphere, the only one I've listened to is Wye Oak. A friend pointed me to this new video for the song “Fish”:



Wye Oak - Fish (Official Video) from City Slang on Vimeo.

I've enjoyed Civilian so far. Everything people are saying about the band's remarkable musical growth since The Knot is true. I'm curious to see what they do next.

Also interesting is what lead singer Jenn Wasner has to say about being in a popular indie band:
“I don't want to sound ungrateful, because I do realize I have the best job in the world, but there's no other job I can really think of that when you are working as hard as you have ever worked in your entire life, everyone pretty much assumes you're at a party or on vacation, you know?”

No comments: