29 August 2007

Welcome Statement

This blog exists because certain posts will be graded for a class I am taking. The posts which I intend to submit for grades will receive the label "American Political Thought and Practice." However, if I'm going to create a space for my voice on the Internet, I might as well make use of it. Therefore, I will be submitting other thoughts for the consideration of the casual internet user who has little to no authority to grade my work. These posts will be labeled appropriately.

I suppose I ought to say something about my general perspective on significant events. I believe that human cultures are the foundations upon which all political systems must rest. A sick or unstable culture will be unable to sustain even the most well-designed government. On the other hand, a strong and vital cultural identity can withstand brutal tyranny from any quarter. I hope to expand upon this thought in the future, but I mention it now because it is the lens through which I tend to view most other issues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to future posts.